Monday 5 September 2011

Zombie in Love

Husband sent me a link today to the most fabulous illustrated story. I don't think it's a picture book judging by its format or its subject matter, more of a graphic novel. It's Zombie in Love, written by Kelly DiPucchio and illustrated by Scott C, neither of whom I had heard of before this morning. I'm deffo glad that situation has been rectified. Here are a few illos from the book, which I've borrowed from Geek Art Gallery, link below:


I love how the waitress is holding the tray, and the finger still in the ring. His little wormy sidekicks are great, too.


The thumbs up is hilarious!

I love the watercolour style. I'm always very envious of artists who can use watercolour "properly". I'm always too scared I'll spend ages layering up colours, only to bugger it up with a muddy brown on layer five or something. It really reminds me of some of the wonderful concept art in Corpse Bride: An Invitiation to the Wedding, which is an AMAZINGLY inspirational book; I referenced it heavily when I was creating The Eeries. Beautiful, beautiful stuff, Mr. C.

You can read more about Zombie in Love, see more illustrations from it and find out about its accompanying exhibition (which I really wish I could just hop over the pond to go and see) on Geek Art Gallery here. I've added it to my Amazon Wishlist and will be getting a copy ASAP.

1 comment:

Rona said...

Ha ha glad to see Hubbo has some uses apart from being big mess maker! ;0)