Shall we make a list?!
- WAAYYY too big.
- Tie neck is too thick and cumbersome.
- Sleeves too long by about 6cm.
- Body too long by about 15cm.
- Back pieces are too baggy, appear to be several sizes bigger than front pieces.
- Neck line too low and too wide.
Apart from all that's not quite right with the finished product, I had quite a lot of fun putting this together on Wednesday! I've been mulling it over since then and decided to take another look at this baby this afternoon. So, after taking off the collar and removing the sleeves, here's what I've done to improve it so far:
- Took shoulder seams in by 5cm. Half the problem I think with looking too low cut and baggy was that the princess seams over the bosoms were just way too low down on my body (rock on with the princess seams, btw. I can tick them off my "can do" list! Woo!). Taking the whole lot up seemed to improve this immensely, as well as being more flattering.
- Took the whole thing apart, cut off all the excess length and redrafted my pattern accordingly.
- Replaced the centre back piece with one two sizes smaller. Not sure if that will help or not, am going to give it a go and see.
Am off to experiment....