Wednesday 2 January 2013

Yeah, Just Took Me Five Months to Sew on the Buttons. No Biggie.

This O W L S jumper took me just five evenings to knit back in July, but all the intervening months to sew the button eyes on. Ridic. In my defence, it did take quite a while to find buttons that were just the right size. And then, of course, they had to sit there waiting for me to actually sew them on. I can't get something new in and then USE IT STRAIGHT AWAY, can I now??!! And there are 42 of the blighters. Ahem. Anyhoo, it's all done now, and just before the turn of the new year, too. I've been wearing it with pride for the last three days.

owls4

owls1

owls2

All the details are here on Ravelry. The yarn is 100% acrylic, which isn't normally something I'd choose to knit a whole jumper with, but I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the yarn felt to knit with, plus the finished article is light enough that I can actually wear it indoors without sweltering away. And the fact it only cost a tenner to knit was very appealing. But, most exciting of all, people, I KNITTED CABLES. I. Knitted. Cables. I am excited about this, can you tell?

Now I just have my green jumper to sew up and that's two items off my WIP list. Huzzah!

3 comments:

bcrane said...

Amazing, I love it! You're very clever :) My knitting skill is pretty basic sadly, and I'm trying to learn to crochet at the moment!

bcrane said...

Amazing, I love it! You're very clever :) My knitting skill is pretty basic sadly, and I'm trying to learn to crochet at the moment!

Emm@ said...

Cheers me dears! Although I crochet a bit, I find it a lot harder. I probably don't do enough of it to keep it fresh in my mind, although it's great for larger pieces like shawls or blankets.