Wednesday 12 January 2011

Alphabet Envy


Apologies that this image is slightly too big for my column, but I had to put it in its original size otherwise so much of the lovely detail would've been lost. I came across "The Daily Drop Cap" on Pinterest today. It's the brainchild of designer Jessica Hische and this is the blurb from her site:

Daily Drop Cap is a project by designer & illustrator Jessica Hische. Since September of 2009, an illustrative initial cap has been posted daily (or at least regularly), to prettify the internet and beautify your blog posts. Individuals are welcome to use the drop caps on personal (non-commercial) sites within blog posts by following the instructions below each letter. The project will end after the twelfth alphabet is complete, but the site will remain up for your use and inspiration. Enjoy!

How cool. I LOVE alphabets, as you know, and I'm definitely going to have a go at using the odd letter or two on here. If you take a proper look through Jessica's site, you'll see she's also produced letterpress prints of each letter that are just droolworthy. No understatement.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Omg, they're so prettyful!!

But really...they are :)

OMG, MY WORK IS DONE!!!!! Apart from revision. I understand that you might not want this rubbish written in your comments, but WHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so relieved XD