Thursday 22 July 2010

An Upgrade

I upgraded my phone this week and it arrived late yesterday. Of course, that meant that instead of doing the ironing and all the other stuff I was supposed to do last night, I played about with my new bit of technology for hours instead. Ahem. (Apologies to my mother if she is reading this.) The camera is 8.1MP. 8.1!!!! Even my "proper" camera is only 6.3MP. So I tried it out in Ethel's this afternoon:

ethels1

ethels2

ethels4

The quality is pretty fab; I'm definitely impressed. It also means a new "proper" camera is on my wishlist for sometime when I have enough money to get one. I am astounded by the new phone, though. I last upgraded in January 2009, and since then phones seem to have jumped some sort of humongous hyperspace-type-gap and become basically little tiny computers that are able to make calls, too. It totally flummoxed me, and it's not exactly one of those top-of-the-range iPhone-type devices. Duh. I can faff about in Photoshop and understand that, but a new phone totally throws me. Whatevs. I think I have the hang of it now, but the difference is just amazing. I can't stop marvelling at it. Sad, I know. I'm not bothered by apps and the like; I just want something to make calls, send a few texts and take a nice picture when I'm out. I think I've got that.

No comments: