Thursday 28 January 2010

More Purses

These are the rest of the purses I made over the weekend. Again, most fabrics from Fabric Rehab and zips from the market stall. The top two here are more or less the same size as yesterday's bird purse. The one directly below with the spotty lining was made in the same way as the first purse with the hand-sewn lining and everything.

brown1

This one here I kinda made up as I went along with the outer fabric and the lining sewn to the zip tape at the same time. I don't like this approach so much, it seems a bit untidy around the corners. But then I was just flying by the seat of my pants with this one, so it's OK. It works, and that's the main thing! The irony of needing a zip purse to hold all my zips.

flowers1

This one is bigger than all the others; about 30cmx16cm. I call that Pencil Case Sized. For this one I followed this tutorial, which I liked as it was similar to this tutorial I was using at Christmas to make some sock knitting bags, of which, of course, I didn't take any pictures because sometimes I really am a dolt, especially when fuelled by Lindor and tinsel.

orange3

I'm not so sure on this way of doing it, either. Maybe it was because my machine was starting to play up and giving me bird's nests everywhere (as you can just about see in the orange thread on the blue spotty fabric above), but even though it is quicker than sewing the lining in by hand, it's just not neat enough for my anally retentive Virgo tastes.

Here it is in its full glory, with the poor, overworked machine in the background. It's now holding all my ribbons and other long, tangly things. I don't know what this fabric is; it's one Lovely Kate bought me for looking after her puddy tat over Crimbo. I can't believe how well it goes with that turquoise zip. That was one I just bought randomly ages ago - its great when things like that just work out!

orange2

And all together in my sewing basket. How neat and tidy it is in there now.

basket

I ordered a little present for myself after sewing these. Well, maybe not a present as such, more of an investment. It came today; I'll show pics tomorrow when it's out of the box.

1 comment:

pie said...

ooh lovely! and it goes so well with your other materials, that was lucky! good job :)