This is my first attempt at any kind of patchwork:
I did it Sunday evening while making Boyfriend cook the roast dinner instead of me! I just sat down at my newly-service sewing machine, took a whole load of Ikea fabric I had left over from making my aprons back in the spring, and just started cutting. I have to confess I've never read any kind of quilting book - bar sighing at the pretty pictures in a few - so I'm probably not doing it "right" at all, but I like the kind of "free and easy" approach to making a wonky logcabin square like this. It's really quite addictive, and uses up so little fabric; I've still got loads left even though they were remnants to start off with. You can see in the photos that some of the corners are a bit dodgy, but I'm rather chuffed with my first attempt. It ended up measuring 80cm square, so I think I'm going to turn it into a big cushion cover FOR OUR NEW FLAT!!! Boyfriend and I found a nice flat in Hove last weekend. We've put a holding deposit down and are just waiting for the results of the referencing. I don't want to say too much right now as I'll only jinx the process. Suffice to say, I am already skint and likely to get more so before moving day!