Thursday 26 March 2009

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?

In May, I am taking part in an Open House at Jubilee Library as part of the Brighton Festival. It's called PBK09 (that's Paperback 09) and it showcases the artwork of library staff. So, as all the pieces have to be submitted by 25th April, I thought I'd better get my behind into gear and design something.

I'm going to be producing a set of three screenprinted posters with a bit of a Red Riding Hood theme. Here are a few of my scribbled ideas:

scribble

roughwolf

I have an all-day session booked at the print studio next Wednesday, so hopefully I will have something more finished to show then. I'm getting very excited about producing new work! I'm going to make a set of postcards to sell at the exhibition, too.

That reminds me, I didn't blog any of my later screenprinting sessions. The main reason for this is that I gave a couple of prints as birthday presents at the end of February and the beginning of March, so I wanted to keep them under wraps. Now the recipients have their prints, however, I can put them up here. Will try and update that tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol lol lol. I dunno why it needed three.

ANYWAY: I heart the wolfy. S/He looks very shneaky and um...hungry ^^ Genius idea dude, genius idea.

Mrs Jenny Leggings said...

Looks fresh! awesome ideas!