Friday 21 November 2008

Weellllllllllllllll...

...the thing is, I took my camera and everything but I spent Saturday just looking around, then started taking some pics Sunday morning, but then it rained on us so I stopped. So, er, the sum of my photos is pretty much thus:

door.jpg

spookyhouse.jpg

railings.jpg

Pants, I know. None of your dreaming spires here. Sorry.

On the plus side, we had a lovely time, even though I think we must've walked 72 miles. My feet certainly think it was that far. I heartily recommend The Covered Market, in particular Pieminister (hom nom nom), G&D Ice Cream parlours (hom nom nom again), and The Royal Oak's Sunday roasts (HOM nom nom nom). Oxford could definitely do with a few more public loos, though, but then, where couldn't?

I've been really busy this week working on the final artwork for part one of The Frogs. It's due this coming Monday. Eek! However, I did take this afternoon off to go and see Boyfriend in London. I managed to do my first real bit of Christmas shopping, so I'm feeling a lot more relaxed and organised about that. We went to the Ethical Christmas Emporium, which runs until Sunday, and then to Wahaca, Masterchef winner Thomasina Miers' Mexican street food canteen. Fab food, and incredibly well priced. Not at all like the usual, stereotypical Mexican food you get in this country.

Well, it's a busy weekend ahead for me. At least I can take a breather Monday afternoon ready for starting properly on The Pirates on Tuesday. Back to PhotoShop I go...

3 comments:

Gretel said...

You can get to a public loo most of the time in Oxford if you know where they are, but you are right, it could do with some more - the Ashmolean is handy though! You could have popped over, we are only about 25 miles away.

Gail said...

Lovely photos Emma. Glad to hear you are so busy, well in to the swing again on the illustration front ... can't wait to see the finished results.

I share your thoughts on public loos ... everywhere could do with more, but often, as Gretel says, it's knowing where to find them ;-)

-Gail X

Emm@ said...

If I had had more than two days and a car then I deffo would've come to see you!