Even I was getting bored of constantly visiting my own blog and seeing the same old boring post, so it's been time for a bit of an update and a spring clean. Nice and fresh for the New Year.
Speaking of which, I went for coffee on New Year's Day with a old aquaintance who asked me if I had any New Year's Resolutions. At the time I just umm-ed and ahh-ed and made vague noises to the effect of "Errr, dunno. Get more illustration work?", but actually now I've thought about it, I do have some things I'd like to achieve in the upcoming year.
1. Work incredibly hard on the Brave Tales project, and really use my four weeks off from the PT job to concentrate on it.
2. From April, send out a promo postcard every six weeks.
3. Update websites, and, funds willing, sign up for another one or two portfolio sites.
4. Re-plan "The Eeries".
Too many! But,
1. Decorate all the remaining rooms.
2. Update the taps etc in the bathroom and re-tile.
3. Lay new floor throughout the downstairs.
4. Lay decking in the garden.
5. Put it up for sale and get loadsa wonga!!!
1. Knit something lovely for Erica's upcoming bundle.
2. Learn how to crochet.
3. Make a quilt, even if it's really simple.
4. Make real use of lovely new screen printing kit to make softies for etsy/craft fairs.
1. See friends much more, and to stop my internal monologue being such a kill joy, so if someone invites me out I won't think of 100 reasons why I won't enjoy it.
2. Get food issues sorted out.
3. Chill out. Big time.
4. Only take on as many things as I am comfortable with doing at once, and stop beating myself up if other people do things differently - that's them, not me.
5. Bake more.
7. Take more photographs.
8. Blog more. Of course.
Actually, I'm sure that list wasn't that long in my head, but it's good writing it all down. Now it's out there it's real and therefore I have to do something about it.
Right, let's go do something productive!