Tuesday 24 April 2012

Oh, Hello

O Hiyaz, Blog. Long time no see. Like, over three weeks. Ahem. Many apologies, I've been rather busy, but now I'm finally allowed out to play.

I've been colouring up the artwork for the Knights project I'm currently working on, and I was absolutely determined to avoid any 3am finishes as the deadline approached. So, no knitting on Wednesday evenings, no going to the gym or the pool, no long hikes at weekends, indeed, no going out at weekends at all. I tell ya, I feel DULL. Howevs, it was all sent off on time and the initial reaction was good, which is all I can hope for until the main feedback arrives late this week/early next.

I'm feeling a little under the weather after it all, not surprising as I've basically only had one proper meal a day (cooked by Hubbo), and have been fuelling myself at other times on easily grabbable carbohydrates. I also have that weird "You mean, I can have some time off now? I don't need to feel guilty about sitting here watching Downton Abbey and drinking tea?" feeling I always get after a deadline. Ahh, the life of a freelancer! So, this week is all about taking a breath, actually getting out of the house and doing some exercise, and eating food with vitamins in. Oh, yeah, plus catching up here and updating my various websites and online portfolios. Next week, I'll have a new print for sale, which has a nice story behind it that I'm looking forward to sharing.

In the meantime, have a couple of pieces of local telephone exchange box art:


blue monster

robot with blue lock

Both on West Hill Road. I do like the blue padlock, nice touch.

No comments: